|35.Provisional attachment to protect revenue in certain cases M. VAT ACT|
35.Provisional attachment to protect revenue in certain cases
(1) If during the course of inquiry in any proceedings including proceedings related to recovery of any amount due, in respect of any person or dealer or during any inspection or search in relation to the business of any person or dealer under this Act, the Commissioner is of the opinion that for the purpose of protecting the interests of the revenue it is necessary so to do, then he may. notwithstanding anything contained in any law for the time being in force or any contract to the contrary, attach provisionally by order in writing any money due or which may become due to such person or dealer from any other person or any money which any other person holds or may subsequently hold for or on account of such person or dealer:
Provided that, the Commissioner shall specify in his order the amount of money to which the order applies:
Provided further that, the Commissioner may, by an order, revoke such order, if the dealer furnishes, to the Commissioner, a bank guarantee, in such time, for such period, as may be specified, in the said order.
(2) Every such provisional attachment shall cease to have effect after the expiry of a period of one year from the date of service of the order issued under sub-section (1)
Provided that, the Commissioner may, for reasons to be recorded in writing, extend the aforesaid period by such further period or periods as he may think fit, so, however that the total period of extension shall not in any case exceed two years.
(3) The powers under this section shall be exercised by the Commissioner himself or the Additional Commissioner having jurisdiction over the entire State or, as the case may be, by any Joint Commissioner to whom the Commissioner has delegated such powers by a notification published in the Official Gazette.
(4) Where an order under sub-section (1) is served upon any person, provisionally attaching any money, then, such person shall be personally liable, so long as the attachment order is not revoked or has not ceased to have effect, to pay to the Commissioner, the amount of money so attached.
(5) If the said person or the dealer makes an application in the prescribed form to the Commissioner within fifteen days of the date of service of the order specified in sub-section (1), or as the case may be, within fifteen days of the date of service of the order extending the period under sub-section (2), then the Commissioner, after affording such person or dealer a reasonable opportunity of being heard, and, having regard to the circumstances of the case, may confirm, modify or cancel the order.
(6) An appeal against any order passed under sub-section (5) shall lie with the Tribunal and all other provisions of section 26 shall apply accordingly.
Agarwal Taxcon Pvt. Ltd. an ISO 9001:2008 Certified Company are offering our servicesinTaxation,Accounting, FinancialManagement, Consultancy and Advisory Services to various Corporates and Commercial Clients, MNC and Non-MNC as well NGOs and charitable institutions in India and abroad. Our company provides wide range of services with robust infrastructure and latest technology. The ATPL, professionals are involved in almost every aspect of business today from the corporate responsibility and sustainability to advisory services in India and abroad. We also offer a wide range of fully integrated tax and financial advisory services. Our approach combines insight and innovations from multiple disciplines with business and industry knowledge to help your company excel globally.
We have a stated policy of ensuring that quality services are offered to our clients, irrespective of their location and size. We have achieved this by bringing the professional and analytical skills, to every single assignment, that are developed through the academic backgrounds, internal training, ongoing professional education and engagement experience of our members internal training, ongoing professional education and engagement experience of our members.
Our practice and service discussed is driven by the aim of establishing long-term relationships with our clients. Our professionals at Agarwal Taxcon discuss the queries and doubts of the clients and find the best possible and most advantageous solution. Our services includes-