|33.Special mode of recovery M. VAT ACT|
33.Special mode of recovery
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in any law or contract to the contrary, the Commissioner, on noticing that there is an outstanding liability of tax, interest or penalty against a dealer or person on whom a notice under sub-section (4) of section 32 has already been served ,may at any time, by notice in writing, require,—
(a) any person from whom any amount of money is due, or may become due, to the said dealer or person, or
(b) any person who holds or may subsequently hold money for or on account of such dealer or person,
to pay to the Commissioner, either forthwith upon the money becoming due or being held or within the time specified in the notice (but not before the money becomes due or is held as aforesaid), an amount equal to the amount due and outstanding from such dealer as aforesaid:
Provided that, no action under this sub-section shall be taken till the date prescribed for filing of appeal, if the dealer makes an application in the prescribed form to the Commissioner before the said date stating therein that he is proposing to file an appeal against the order in pursuance of which the said notice under sub-section (4) of section 32 has been served on him.
Explanation. —For the purposes of this section, the amount of money due to a dealer from, or money held for or on account of a dealer, by any person, shall be calculated after deducting there from such claims (if any) lawfully subsisting, as may have fallen due for payment by such dealer to such person.
(2) The Commissioner may, at any time, amend or revoke any such notice, or extend the time for making any payment in pursuance of the notice.
(3) Any person making any payment in compliance with a notice under this section shall be deemed to have made the payment under the authority of the dealer or a person, and the receipt of the Commissioner shall constitute a good and sufficient discharge of the liability of such person, to the extent of the amount referred to in the receipt.
(4) Any person discharging any liability to the dealer or person after receipt of the notice referred to in this section, shall be personally liable to the Commissioner to the extent of the liability discharged. or the extent of the liability of the dealer or a person for tax, penalty, interest and sum forfeited, whichever is less.
(5) Where a person to whom a notice under this section is sent proves to the satisfaction of the Commissioner that the sum demanded or any part thereof is not due to the dealer or a person, or that he does not hold any money for or on account of the dealer or a person, then, nothing contained in this section shall be deemed to require such person to pay any such sum or part thereof, as the case may be, to the Commissioner.
(6) Subject to the provisions of sub-section (5), any amountof money which a person is liable to pay to the Commissioner, shall, under sub-section (1) read with sub-section (4), if it remains unpaid, he recoverable as if it is a sum demanded under section 32 and accordingly any notice served under this section shall he deemed for the purposes of this Act to be a notice served under section 32 and the unpaid amounts shall be recoverable as arrears of land revenue.
Agarwal Taxcon Pvt. Ltd. an ISO 9001:2008 Certified Company are offering our servicesinTaxation,Accounting, FinancialManagement, Consultancy and Advisory Services to various Corporates and Commercial Clients, MNC and Non-MNC as well NGOs and charitable institutions in India and abroad. Our company provides wide range of services with robust infrastructure and latest technology. The ATPL, professionals are involved in almost every aspect of business today from the corporate responsibility and sustainability to advisory services in India and abroad. We also offer a wide range of fully integrated tax and financial advisory services. Our approach combines insight and innovations from multiple disciplines with business and industry knowledge to help your company excel globally.
We have a stated policy of ensuring that quality services are offered to our clients, irrespective of their location and size. We have achieved this by bringing the professional and analytical skills, to every single assignment, that are developed through the academic backgrounds, internal training, ongoing professional education and engagement experience of our members internal training, ongoing professional education and engagement experience of our members.
Our practice and service discussed is driven by the aim of establishing long-term relationships with our clients. Our professionals at Agarwal Taxcon discuss the queries and doubts of the clients and find the best possible and most advantageous solution. Our services includes-