|27.Appeal to High Court M. VAT ACT|
27. Appeal to High Court
(1) An appeal shall lie to the High Court from every order passed by the Tribunal including a judgment by way of advance ruling, if the High Court is satisfied that the case involves a substantial question of law.
(2)The Commissioner or the applicant before the Tribunal aggrieved by any order passed by the Tribunal may file an appeal to the High Court and such appeal under this sub-section shall be,—
(a) filed within one hundred and twenty days from the date on which the order appealed against is received by the assessee or the Commissioner;
(b) in the form of a memorandum of appeal precisely stating therein the substantial question of law involved.
(3) Where the High Court is satisfied that a substantial question of law is involved in any case, it shall formulate that question.
(4) The appeal shall be heard only on the question so formulated, and the respondents shall, at the hearing of the appeal, be allowed to argue that the case does not involve such question:
Provided that, nothing in this sub-section shall be deemed to take away or abridge the power of the court to hear, for reasons to be recorded. the appeal on any other substantial question of law not formulated by it, if it is satisfied that the case involves such question.
(5) The High Court shall decide the question of law so formulated and deliver such judgment thereon containing the grounds on which such decision is founded and may award such cost as it deems fit.
(6) The High Court may determine any issue which,—
(a) has not been determined by the Tribunal; or
(b) has been wrongly determined by the Tribunal, by reason of a decision on such question of law as is referred to in sub-section (1)
(7) The payment of any amount due to be paid by the applicant before the Tribunal or, as the case may be, by the Commissioner in accordance with the order of the Tribunal in respect of which an appeal has been preferred under this section, shall not be stayed by the High Court pending the final disposal of such appeal, but if such amount is varied as the result of the final disposal of the appeal, the difference shall be recovered or, as the case may be, refunded in accordance with the provisions of this Act.
(8) Where the High Court delivers a judgement in an appeal filed before it, effect shall be given by the Tribunal to the order passed in the appeal on the basis of a certified copy of the judgment:
Provided that, for the purposes of this sub-section, the Tribunal may accept a certified copy of the judgment furnished by the Commissioner or, as the case may be, by the dealer.
(9) Save as otherwise provided in this Act, the provisions of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908, relating to appeals to the High Court shall, as far as may be, apply in the case of appeals under this section.
Agarwal Taxcon Pvt. Ltd. an ISO 9001:2008 Certified Company are offering our servicesinTaxation,Accounting, FinancialManagement, Consultancy and Advisory Services to various Corporates and Commercial Clients, MNC and Non-MNC as well NGOs and charitable institutions in India and abroad. Our company provides wide range of services with robust infrastructure and latest technology. The ATPL, professionals are involved in almost every aspect of business today from the corporate responsibility and sustainability to advisory services in India and abroad. We also offer a wide range of fully integrated tax and financial advisory services. Our approach combines insight and innovations from multiple disciplines with business and industry knowledge to help your company excel globally.
We have a stated policy of ensuring that quality services are offered to our clients, irrespective of their location and size. We have achieved this by bringing the professional and analytical skills, to every single assignment, that are developed through the academic backgrounds, internal training, ongoing professional education and engagement experience of our members internal training, ongoing professional education and engagement experience of our members.
Our practice and service discussed is driven by the aim of establishing long-term relationships with our clients. Our professionals at Agarwal Taxcon discuss the queries and doubts of the clients and find the best possible and most advantageous solution. Our services includes-